i want to develop a program using vb to lock the wondows which needs a user id and a password to logon. the user ids and passwords will be stored in a server machine's database. the clients requires the user id and password to logon the client m/c.
so i want to know how to do it..... plz help me..........

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Why you need to re-invent the wheel !

All windows machines which are part of a domain works exactly this way.

User details are maintained in active directory.

If you say "lock the windows", are you talking about Microsoft Windows or a form in your application which needs to be unaccessible until the user logged in?

I Have a databas with 8 Fields
i need the full code of the bottons :
add new
save
delete
thank u

i need the full code of the bottons :

and I need more money to buy a Ferrari.

You have just hijacked another members post. Please open your OWN by clicking on this link.

Please read our posting rules as well, you are expecting us to supply you with all the code whilst you have done absolutely nothing. It works the other way around, you show us what code you have, if there are any errors etc. We then help you to a solution on those errors.:)

Also give us more information. What database, what connection and recordsets etc?

If you say "lock the windows", are you talking about Microsoft Windows or a form in your application which needs to be unaccessible until the user logged in?

i mean to say a form in my application which needs to be unaccessible until the user logged in and also all the other programs and special keys such as windows key, Alt, Esc , Delete keys are locked until the user logged in. thanks...........

I will then suggest that before you load your main form, check your database details if the user was logged in, assuming that you have a field in the database table that marks the user as logged in or not. If the user is not logged in, first load your login screen and THEN your main form.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.