Good day! May i ask?

This is the scenario:
The main purpose of daily activity report is to monitor the library transactions and to find out borrowers who are overdue. The report should be generated at the end of each business day and should contain the following data items: for each overdue borrowed item, report the name and address of the borrower, the return date, the title and the ID of the item; for each new library item, print all the related information.

How can i do this in vb using a mysql connection?
I am planning to create a database for borrowers who have penalties due to overdue. This database will gather or receive those overdue automatically from a database of borrower's record..Every transaction will capture the exact date and time by the system..A penalty will be considered if the borrower failed to return the book after 3 days...
Can u give me an idea?
Hope you will reply soon...thank you! God bless!

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Why cant you try Crystal reports to generate the reports?

I believe the best way to learn thing is by way of getting your hands dirty.

Lets start and learn.

show your effort first friend :)

You can use ADODB to establish connection from VB6 to MySQL. But first, you must activate ADODB component by going to Project Menu -> Preferences ->Microsoft Data Object 2.8 Lib.
After activating the component, you may use the following code:
connectionObject.ConnectionString = "Driver={MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=SERVER;Database=DATABASENAME; User=USERNAME;Password=PASSWORD;Option=3;"
You can download MySQL ODBC Connector here http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/3.51.html

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.