hi all

I want to start now with C++ windows.h libary.

I already know now the basics i only programmed in CMD command line programming now i want to program further are there some tutorials or something that i can go further i dont want to stay only at a CMD command line.

I got a book there the only learn the command line programming but i want to stop that and learn some other stuff can somebody guide me tutorials or more or anything that can help me.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Check out http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/ for information on the Win32 API. If you want a strictly C++ approach, look into MFC, but you need the full version of Visual Studio to use it. There's also Winforms via .NET, but they use C++/CLI, which is a dialect of C++ and not the standard language.

windows.h is not a library. It a header. There are numerous Win32 libs behind it (kernel32.lib;user32.lib;gdi32.lib;winspool.lib;comdlg32.lib;advapi32.lib;shell32.lib;ole32.lib;oleaut32.lib;uuid.lib to name a few). Anyhow, I would not recommend doing bare bone win32 as it is too MS platform specific. Contemporary GUI libraries abstract an underlying platform. Take a look at Qt here. It's one of the most popular cross platform C++ libraries and its an Open Source and free like in beer.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.