Hello DaniWeb, this is my first view at this forum as a member! I have an issue with my code. The application interacts with a MySQL database on a remote server, I have access to this server. When my app is running the insert into code I m getting this error:
"Conversion from string "INSERT INTO phpvms_fsspireps(pil" to type 'Integer' is not valid."
The variable which holds the Inser Into string, during break point debug gives me this:
""INSERT INTO phpvms_fsspireps(pilotid, code, flightnum, depicao, arricao, route, route_details, distance, aircraft, flighttime, flighttime_stamp, landingrate, submitdate, accepted, log, load, fuelused, expenselist, source, exported,) VALUES(13, 'GRW', '1000', 'LGAV', 'LGTS', 'NEVRA UZ507 OSMOS', 'a:0:{}', '120', '4', '00.58', '00:58:00', -1015.85, '2010-05-01 14:15:56', 0, 'Greece Airways Va ACARS application Log Not yet imported!', 111, 3458, '[BLOB - 1Bytes]', 'GRW ACARS', 1,)""

And this is my code.

Dim conn As MySqlConnection
        Dim cnString As String
        cnString = My.Settings.constr
        sqlStatement = "INSERT INTO phpvms_fsspireps(pilotid, code, flightnum, depicao, arricao, route, route_details, distance, aircraft, flighttime, flighttime_stamp, landingrate, submitdate, accepted, log, load, fuelused, expenselist, source, exported,) VALUES(13, 'GRW', '1000', 'LGAV', 'LGTS', 'NEVRA UZ507 OSMOS', 'a:0:{}', '120', '4', '00.58', '00:58:00', -1015.85, '2010-05-01 14:15:56', 0, 'Greece Airways Va ACARS application Log Not yet imported!', 111, 3458, '[BLOB - 1Bytes]', 'GRW ACARS', 1,)"
        conn = New MySqlConnection(cnString)
        Try
            conn.Open()
            conn.BeginTransaction(sqlStatement)
        Catch ex As Common.DbException
            MsgBox(ex.ToString)
        Finally
            conn.Close()
        End Try
    End Sub

the DB spec:
Total DB size: 190,1 MB
Total Tables: 106
and the table specs. The titles are in Greek but I think you can understand it from the data.
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/705/76087146.jpg

Try to execute the SQL statement alone at backend, and check if that works for you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.