Hey All, this is my first post on the forum so I want to send my greetings to all of you :) .
Actually I am studying biomedical engineering and I am moving to my last year in the school, and I have to search for a graduation project idea, and as I am very interested in computer graphics and image processing, something like a simulation program that has mix between modeling and image processing or/and pattern recognition will be great. So I was searching for a project idea that can combine both of them, so if any body can help me by suggesting any idea with some details, I will be so thankful.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Not a small subject. Check into the ACM SIGGRAPH special interest group. You can find it here: http://www.siggraph.org/

Then there is support from various graphics card vendors - nVidia is a leader in this area: http://developer.download.nvidia.com/SDK/9.5/Samples/vidimaging_samples.html

Anyway, this is an area of active R&D, so I wish you the best.

Thank you for your help, but could you give me some more details of how I can make use of these sites.
I already know nVidia web site, I know it contains a lot of helpful materials including cg and CUDA and so on, if I am right you are referring me to their SDK to get benefit of using it, or there is another thing??
and what about the other site?

The other site is a SIG (special interest group) that is part of the ACM (Association of Computing Machinery). The ACM is something like the IEEE, but for computer systems specifically. SIGGRAPH specializes in graphics and image processing technologies. My sister-in-law who teaches animation and graphics processing, and is dean of the animation department at a university in Oregon is a member of SIGGRAPH. I used to be a member of the ACM SIGSOFT (software SIG), but now spend most of my time with the IEEE, of which I am an affinity group director and chair.

In any case, if you are serious about a career in these fields, membership in the ACM in general, and SIGGRAPH in particular, should be high on your priority lists. They have a lot of resources to call on, including academic publications that target your specific areas of interest.

commented: this was really helpful +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.