Member Avatar for stow19

hey all,

I know this might seem like a basic question but we haven't really been taught it at university and I was getting curious.

Once you've created your program and have all your relevant java classes/package and it has been compiled where do you find the .exe and how would you go about making an installer for the programme you have created if it is required?

Thanks,

Stow19

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

You normally don't. You either provide JAR file that can be executed from command line (or double click, but this often fails with Windows due to wrong registrations of execution services) or you provide it as WAR/EAR file that is deployed on some Java container/server

Many people specially students insists on creating exe files, which is possible with some additional often expensive tools. You can read about it here

Member Avatar for stow19

Thanks Peter. Our teachers forget to mention these things and so had me wondering what happen.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.