Hi,

I would like to install a windows application without manually removing the older versions. But it is showing an error stating that "The application has been already installed from another location". Wat should I do to install both the versions with different names?

Thanks and Regards,

Mohana88

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

How are you creating the installer? Are you using a Visual Studio wizard? Or are you trying to install some generic program you downloaded/purchased? Need more information.

I am creating the setup.exe by publishing the windows application(coded in C#) using the Visual Studio. Once you click the setup.exe, the application will be installed in the system. But if any other version of the application is already installed in the system, it would display a message saying that the application has already been installed from some other location. Now I would require the newer version to be installed in the system in different name or so with out uninstalling the earlier version.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.