hi, i would like to ask where should i put my access database before publishing my application?? its inside my "windowsformapplication1" folder in project folder.. but when i publish it, there's no database in it. lol, already created an application yer doesnt know how to publish w database. :D

thanks...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

YOu cannot "embade" Access dataBase into your project, as for example you can do with MS SQL Express dataBase.
What you can do is to use a connection string with explicitly setting the path to the dataBase, and then is expected that the dataBase has to be there on that path.
Or you can use an OpenFileDialog class to ask a use to find his dataBase on hdd. Use filter for showing only files form access.

YOu cannot "embade" Access dataBase into your project, as for example you can do with MS SQL Express dataBase.
What you can do is to use a connection string with explicitly setting the path to the dataBase, and then is expected that the dataBase has to be there on that path.
Or you can use an OpenFileDialog class to ask a use to find his dataBase on hdd. Use filter for showing only files form access.

what do you mean by explicity setting the path??
i have a connection string in my program. in my program u can create an account and that account will be saved in my access database.. thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.