I use the splash screen of the vb.net found on windows form.Is there a way that i could put an initializing while my splash screen is running?like other programs do instead of progress bar. thank you.

Yes you can. You could use a label to do the trick and a timer. I always prefer designing my own splash screen for purpose of clarity and easy manipulation

Public Class Splash

Private Sub Splash_FormClosed(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.FormClosedEventArgs) Handles Me.FormClosed

Library.Show()

End Sub

Private Sub Splash_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

'Application title
        If My.Application.Info.Title <> "" Then
            lblTitle.Text = My.Application.Info.Title
        Else
            'If the application title is missing, use the application name, without the extension
            lblTitle.Text = System.IO.Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(My.Application.Info.AssemblyName)
        End If

'    Version.Text = System.String.Format(Version.Text, My.Application.Info.Version.Major, My.Application.Info.Version.Minor, My.Application.Info.Version.Build, My.Application.Info.Version.Revision)

lblVersion.Text = String.Format("Version {0}", My.Application.Info.Version.ToString)

'Copyright info
        lblCopyright.Text = My.Application.Info.Copyright

With Me
            .Icon = Library.Icon
            .Text = "Library Management System"
        End With

End Sub

Public Sub New()

' This call is required by the Windows Form Designer.
        InitializeComponent()

' Add any initialization after the InitializeComponent() call.

Me.Opacity = 0  'form is invincible as startup

End Sub

Private Sub tmrSplash_Tick(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles tmrSplash.Tick

Me.Opacity += 0.01
        If Me.Opacity = 1 Then
            tmrSplash.Enabled = False
            Library.Show()
            Me.Dispose() 'close the splash screen 

End If

End Sub

Private Sub pnlSplash_Paint(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs) Handles pnlSplash.Paint

End Sub
End Class

thanks i will try this i will keep in touch with you if ever i encounter error

by the way i want to change the copyright where i can change the this copyright?

My.Application.Info.Copyright

by the way i want to change the copyright where i can change the this copyright?

My.Application.Info.Copyright

check your application properties

i understand how your code runs but im asking how to change the copyright..i know it is a default copyright it looks like this - Copyright © Student 2011- i want to change in to my own copyright.how?

and by the way the splash screen does not show up..it open directly to the main form

i followed your instruction i create a new form called splash but it did not show up when i tried to run it.where did i go wrong?

i understand how your code runs but im asking how to change the copyright..i know it is a default copyright it looks like this - Copyright © Student 2011- i want to change in to my own copyright.how?

> Right click on the project name in the solution explorer
> select properties
> on the Application tab, click Assembly Information
> change the copyright text to what you want
> click ok to acceot changes

The code picks all info displayed on the splash screen from the Assembly Information

thanks i already got it..by the way me.opacity = 0 does not make the form visible in running i change to another value it shows up but no initialization happens..

in this code here

Public Sub New()

' This call is required by the Windows Form Designer.
InitializeComponent()

' Add any initialization after the InitializeComponent() call.

Me.Opacity = 0 'form is invincible as startup

End Sub

what is the use InitializeComponent()? and the public sub new. i need more clarifications on this.

thanks for the posts..i already figured it out..my friend msdn clarify it to me.its a simple trick using pgrogress bar while initializing. i will post my code if someone will ask for it.^_^

thanks for the posts..i already figured it out..my friend msdn clarify it to me.its a simple trick using pgrogress bar while initializing. i will post my code if someone will ask for it.^_^

Dont wait till someone asks for it, post your code and mark thread as solved so questions dont repeat themselves unnecessarily.

Its a learning process

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.