Hi anybody can help me , i want to connect the sql serverdatase from local machine in windows application. i am trying this like this way but it give me an error my connection string

return new SqlConnection(@"Data Source=68.71.135.2,2121;Initial Catalog=DBTest;User ID=myId;Password=mypass;");

how i connect to server database.

Thanks in Advance...

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by bhagawatshinde

Hi, Mitja Bonca i have allready see this link. SQLSERVER 2005
Let me explain what i have to do..
I am developing an desktop application. by using this application i want to connect server database which is online. (i.e website databse) but unable to connect server datase. i want to retrive as well as insert the values to server db.

If you use SQL Server Authentication (which is true this case) you must set Integrated Security parameter to false. This should work:

return new SqlConnection(@"Data Source=68.71.135.2,2121;Initial Catalog=DBTest;Integrated Security=False;User ID=myId;Password=mypass;");

Edited by jugosoft: n/a

To connect to SQL Server from C#.NET, you need to create a connection string such as below:

private SqlConnection connection; private string connectionString = @"Server=(local);Database=Embedding_SQL_Test;User ID=sa;Password=123"; connection = new SqlConnection( connectionString );

Next, you use the SqlConnection object created above to create a 'SqlCommand', as shown below:

SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand( "select * from Customer where CustomerID = @Cid", connection);

The SQL query shown here can be replaced by a SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE queries etc.

Next to execute the SQL queries in the database, you use the following methods:

ExecuteReader

- to execute SELECT queries

ExecuteNonQuery

- to execute INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE, and SET statements.

This is a very short description of how to connect to SQL Server database from C# and execute SQL queries in the database. For details about the connection string, the methods and their parameters check the following link: ( http://www.shahriarnk.com/Shahriar-N-K-Research-Embedding-SQL-in-C-Sharp-Java.html ) Here you will also find details about how to pass parameters to the SQL queries as well as calling stored procedures and much more.

Thanks SNK111,jugosoft,Mitja Bonca for valuable reply i found solution like see below code

Classic ASP (ADO Library)	Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data source=IP Address,Port No.;Initial catalog=databaseName;User Id=userName;Password=password;
ASP.NET (ADO.NET Library)	Server=IP Address,Port No.;Database=databaseName;Uid=userName;Password=password;
This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.