Hi, i am trying to merge Folders into File.extension and i was wondering how would i be able to do this. Basically i am trying to merge all files in a folder to one File.extension, for example:

i have folder called Client,
i have few files in Client folder: Notice.inc, Client.res
In Client folder i have one more folder called config and it has all configurations.
I want to merge these files into one File.any extension, for example: Client.any extension which is not readable by others.

How would i make this merger and how would i unpack the file and read the files inside it?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Use PKZIP, WinZIP, WINRAR, 7ZIP, or any other file archiving software.

I have no idea why this question is in a C++ forum, unless you want to do this programmatically for some reason. For simplicity, I'd recommend using the relatively common 'zip' tools to zip the contents of the "Client" folder into archive "Client.zip" and then rename the file to "Client.any" to make it appear unusable to the casual observer. There are other techniques which can further obfuscate or even encrypt the content, so that the file is unusable even if renamed back to "Client.zip" unless the end-user knows how to unobfuscate/decrypt the content first.

I have no idea why this question is in a C++ forum, unless you want to do this programmatically for some reason. For simplicity, I'd recommend using the relatively common 'zip' tools to zip the contents of the "Client" folder into archive "Client.zip" and then rename the file to "Client.any" to make it appear unusable to the casual observer. There are other techniques which can further obfuscate or even encrypt the content, so that the file is unusable even if renamed back to "Client.zip" unless the end-user knows how to unobfuscate/decrypt the content first.

This is a c++ question because i want to make a program in C++ which would allow me to do so because i would need to update new files in the encrypted file Client.extension and i should be able to unpack the file and read all the files inside of it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.