HEY...I M INTERESTED IN C...& WANT 2 MAKE MY FULLY CAREER IN C..PROG.LANG...& there is no other choice!I M currently DOING MCA.
SO...SUGGEST ME...& IS THERE ANY CERTIFICATION COURSE IN IT...TO CHECK MY COMMAND ON IT....PLEASE...PLEASE....

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Your question is not an emergency to us, and calling it such will probably be counterproductive. Please don't type in all caps as it makes text harder to read. Finally, to the best of my knowledge, there's no certification in C programming worth doing.

All the best.you can try from internet as well as some good book of c programming language..

Carrier in C programming is good, but you can go for C++, it supports all features of C along with the features of Object oriented Programming and widely used in software development and technologies.
For C and C++ development check the site.
http://www.cprogramming.com/

commented: You currently have 69 posts! I am so immature xD +1
commented: good suggestion +1

hey if u want to make your career in C that is really awsum. here are some books to help you
1.) C in Depth
2.) Expert in C
3.) A to Z of C

these books will really help u.

hey if u want to make your career in C that is really awsum. here are some books to help you
1.) C in Depth
2.) Expert in C
3.) A to Z of C

these books will really help u.

When recommending uncommon books, it's best to include either a direct link to somewhere like Amazon, or the full title and author(s). I was only able to find C in Depth, but none of the others. There's a C: from A to Z, but the only edition is absolutely ancient (1985), so I'm assuming you mean a different book.

I haven't read the linked book, so this is definitely stereotyping, but I'm not hopeful that it's a good book. I've read a lot of books on C ranging the entire lifetime of the language, and books with an Indian origin have a 100% failure rate in my "is it worth buying" test. Given that track record, I never recommend them.

it is written by the best programmers of the world

The first thing on that page is (emphasis added by me):

This book "A to Z of C" is compiled and written by simple guys who are not experts and who are not native English speakers. And so, this book might have both grammatical and technical errors.

So if by "best programmers of the world" you mean people who might know slightly more than the target audience, I'd agree. In fact, upon getting to the technical stuff, the book makes an immediate mistake:

main( ) should return 0 or 1

While 0 is a portable return value (the enclosing chapter is about "ANSI"--a more correct term would be "standard"--C), 1 is not portable. The standard return value for failure is an opaque macro called EXIT_FAILURE from <stdlib.h>. Surprisingly, the rest of the information on that section is decent enough, but that's not much of a compliment given the small amount of covered material.

The section on undefined behavior is pretty useless because all it does is make readers aware of undefined behavior and point out a few examples without explaining why they're undefined. That's completely unproductive if the goal is to help readers recognize undefined behavior in real code.

The section on XOR is terrifying.

The section on "string function[sic]" is rather pointless as it doesn't explain anything about how those functions should be used. The assumption that showing an implementation of the function alone will somehow suffice for practical usage is a poor one. The signatures are also incorrect.

The section on recursion isn't terribly informative unless the author thinks that reviewing code will help readers learn. That's fine if they already understand recursion, but in that case the trivial examples won't be helpful. If the readers don't understand recursion, the exposition is insufficient.

The section on interesting programs really confirms that the authors are more interested in showing off than teaching. Given the weak explanations, I was suspicious up to that point.

The section "Program that Outputs the same" does nothing but show examples of a quine, which has no practical use. What exactly is the point of this book beyond "look at coding abilities that I think are awesome"?

The section on pointers is where the authors' failure to truly understand standard C creeps in. In other words, if there's a relatively long program, they start using non-standard features. The description of pointers is also pretty weak. I wouldn't expect a beginner to follow it, and intermediate programmers would gain nothing from the entire section.

The section on code obfuscation is just plain stupid.

I'll stop there, but it doesn't get any better. For a book with a revision history of 2003 to 2008, covering DOS and Turbo C 3.0 can only be interpreted as a malicious prank. The authors really have no business trying to teach C, and I wouldn't recommend this book.

commented: Wow, how many programming books have you read in your lifetime? +1

for C...I would recommend you to go through at least The C Programming language by K&R is one of the good books , lots of thing to learn.

The C Programming language by K&R

That book is old, and C has changed several times after the release of the book (C89, C99), and several other small revisions (C90).
Because it was written by the creator of the language, doesn't mean its such a great book (especially because of the book's age). I would recommend something newer.

Because it was written by the creator of the language, doesn't mean its such a great book

The reference was written by Ritchie (the creator of the language), but the rest of the book is mostly Brian Kernighan's work. It's still an excellent book despite being published in 1988 (2nd Edition). Though to be honest, K&R is highly recommended only because the C book market is in a sad state.

My favorite beginner's book is Pointers on C, followed by C Programming: A Modern Approach. The latter is up-to-date with C99.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.