Hi guys, im just a begginer in visual basic and im looking for someone who could help me with our school/group project..

in some cases we have been appointed to make a clock using visual basic that ring or alarm every point of the time assigned.

For example, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday it will sound a alarm every 1 hour. And Tuesday and thursday every one hour and 30min....

And what if the computer will be turned off, i am expecting that whenever it will be turned on, the time will automatically update prior to the present time. Or it will automatically set itself to the present time..

I hope you guys could help me solve this problem..beacause im into studying visual basic right now and i just want to make a good impression to our teacher... :-|
Right now im trying my best to further understand the concept of visual basic and really trying my best to learn..

Thanks.. :o

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hi

u need a two timer controls and one with interval of 60000 ms (ie 1 min) and another with interval at predetermined interval of 1 hr or 1.5 hrs and give the appropriate code to 2nd timer to ring alarm.

Aniket

Hi Avatar,

I know I shouldn't give this to you "pre-digested" but I got into thinking about it and came up with a partial solution that is really "well-cooked" so have fun.

However, just to make it a little bit more fun I will give you no comments or documentation - you'll have to find out how it works on your own.... ;) It's the best way to learn.

What is does is this:
- Every 'x' minutes, depending on the week day, it sounds an alarm through a message box
- You can save the interval bewtween alamrs
- You can change the interval without saving
- All the alarm functions and the display functions are up to you to decide

If you want to change it for fractional minutes you can, you'll just have to adjust a bunch of calculations for it.

Hope this helps and happy coding

Yomet

Hi Avatar,

I know I shouldn't give this to you "pre-digested" but I got into thinking about it and came up with a partial solution that is really "well-cooked" so have fun.

However, just to make it a little bit more fun I will give you no comments or documentation - you'll have to find out how it works on your own.... ;) It's the best way to learn.

What is does is this:
- Every 'x' minutes, depending on the week day, it sounds an alarm through a message box
- You can save the interval bewtween alamrs
- You can change the interval without saving
- All the alarm functions and the display functions are up to you to decide

If you want to change it for fractional minutes you can, you'll just have to adjust a bunch of calculations for it.

Hope this helps and happy coding

Yomet

thanks, i really appreciate your help...

i bought and borrowed a couple of books lately which can aid me with my problem but thank to you, u saved me a couple of hours reading and studying those books...all i have to do know is to understand it more better..thanks again

gud luk...

:lol:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.