I have a project in C while i need connect with the databse using turboc C? plz help me in this regard.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

What is the database you are trying to connect to?

you can't access most databases, such as Microsoft Access, SQL Server, MySql, Orical, etc, with that old 16-bit Turbo C compiler. You will have to upgrade to a modern 32-bit compiler, such as Dev-C++. Then you have several options, the oldest is ODBC. google for ODBC and you will find lots of information.

Of course if you want to store simple data, then you don't really need a formal database, just store it in files.

you can't access most databases, such as Microsoft Access, SQL Server, MySql, Orical, etc, with that old 16-bit Turbo C compiler. You will have to upgrade to a modern 32-bit compiler, such as Dev-C++. Then you have several options, the oldest is ODBC. google for ODBC and you will find lots of information.

Of course if you want to store simple data, then you don't really need a formal database, just store it in files.

Yeah and if you have googled for your previous assignment you can use that knowledge too. ;)

I have a project in C while i need connect with the databse using turboc C? plz help me in this regard.

I HAVE SQL 2000?

I HAVE SQL 2000?

you definitely cannot use it with Turbo C. Get a modern compiler.

well, you could write your own driver to access the mdb ;)

I don't think you can even do it with a driver. Turco C programs are 16-bit programs that run in a SIMULATED MS-DOS box (simulated in all version of MS-Windows except Win95/Win98). They have the same limitations as all other 16-bit Turbo C programs -- 640K max, segmented arceture, memory models, etc.

Ditch that old ancient compiler and expand your knowledge by learning to use modern compilers. This is not 1980.

I don't think you can even do it with a driver. Turco C programs are 16-bit programs that run in a SIMULATED MS-DOS box (simulated in all version of MS-Windows except Win95/Win98). They have the same limitations as all other 16-bit Turbo C programs -- 640K max, segmented arceture, memory models, etc.

Ditch that old ancient compiler and expand your knowledge by learning to use modern compilers. This is not 1980.

can you told me the latest C compiler which i can used for the same.

>>can you told me the latest C compiler which i can used for the same.

Here are two: Dev-C++ is probably best for learning because it has the simplest IDE that doesn't require a lot of time to learn.

Then you will want to search goodle for ODBC -- that is how most (but not all) programs access databases. There are some c++ ODBC classes here -- just enter ODBC in its search engine and you will find them.

Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Express edition

Dev-C++

>>can you told me the latest C compiler which i can used for the same.

Here are two: Dev-C++ is probably best for learning because it has the simplest IDE that doesn't require a lot of time to learn.

Then you will want to search goodle for ODBC -- that is how most (but not all) programs access databases. There are some c++ ODBC classes here -- just enter ODBC in its search engine and you will find them.

Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Express edition

Dev-C++

But dear I wants to C compiler not c++? that is the problem.

every C++ compiler is also a C compiler so you should have no problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.