i want to do a project using graphics in c++..i am going to start with a simple project, because i am a beginner.. plz tell me which websites to refer in order to get help on topics and to learn about graphics in c++.. thank you.. :)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It will depend on the compiler and operating system. Tell us what you are using so that we can be more help.

What do you mean by graphics?

If you mean a graphical user interface, I suggest you take a look at Qt.

If you mean 3D graphics rendering, I suggest you take a look at OpenGL, NeHe tutorials are a great place to start (although out-dated a bit).

And if you actually mean doing both, then look at QGLWidget (part of Qt, allows you to embed an OpenGL view-port inside a GUI).

ancient dragon.. i use turbo c++ compiler..

mike.. thank you for your ideas, i think i'll grt benefited from that later.. i realised that i need to learn even more about c++ before setting out to explore the graphics..

thank you both for your replies.. :)

@OP

i realised that i need to learn even more about c++ before setting out to explore the graphics..

Not really. You can use C. OpenGL has bindings for several languages.

Take a look at THIS

@OP
Not really. You can use C. OpenGL has bindings for several languages.

Turbo C++ is a 16 bit compiler, so it can't work with OpenGL. He will just have to do it the hard way with Borland's graphics.h for that compiler.

commented: Sorry, i forgot the OP mentioning TC as the compiler :) +5
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.