I need help getting through a class I have to take. I know basics but need help with some of the more complictaed issues. For me that is arrays, classes, stacks, and so on. If someone is willing to help I would appreciate it. I could use some more personalized help than I think the forum would offer me. Thank you.

Steve

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

What's more personalized than people answering your specific questions?

What questions do you have about arrays, classes, and stacks?

What questions do you have about arrays, classes, and stacks?

I have full assignments that I need help with. Unfortunately they are really kicking my butt. I have starting code and the instructions on a word document.

i know that this was a while ago but if ur still looking for a teacher im willing

i'll do it if you make it worth my while.

i know that this was a while ago but if ur still looking for a teacher im willing

Here is an assignment that I have already lost credit for. The only problem is that I still need to understand how to do it because C++ is basically all cumulative. Im not sure how you would like to help me with this but I ll take what I can get. Thank you.

Steve

Ok then, I see the problem. You're looking for a "tutor" who will teach you without any effort on your part. Daniweb doesn't work that way; we expect you to formulate a specific and coherent question which will then start a dialogue. We'll help you understand the problem and move toward a solution, but we won't do your work or your thinking for you.

Simply dumping your assignment and all of the code with not questions or hints as to what you don't understand is unproductive and will be ignored (at best).

one thing about your assignment... although it seems overwhelming with all the detailed instructions, he is actually making it easier for you.. leaving you with little guess work on your part. (he gives you all the functions you will need for example.)

Ok then, I see the problem. You're looking for a "tutor" who will teach you without any effort on your part. Daniweb doesn't work that way; we expect you to formulate a specific and coherent question which will then start a dialogue. We'll help you understand the problem and move toward a solution, but we won't do your work or your thinking for you.

Simply dumping your assignment and all of the code with not questions or hints as to what you don't understand is unproductive and will be ignored (at best).

It's not that I want someone to do it for me. I need to learn this no matter what to pass the class. The bulk of the grade comes from the exams in which I must write a lot of this type of code out. I posted the assignment for it to be seen. Here is what I started. I am not sure if I set it up right. Right away I get confused with the make_pizza function. Sorry if I came off as wanting it done for me but I do need to get this in my head. Just looking for some people who dont mind sticking with me for a while on this and maybe some other assignments.

#include <iostream>
#include <iomanip>

using namespace std;

class pizza_factory
{
      private:
         int veggie_pizzas,     // veggie pizzas made
             cheese_pizzas,     // cheese pizzas made
             pepperoni_pizzas;  // pepperoni pizzas made
         double
             cheese,            // pounds of cheese available
             flour,             // pounds of flour available
             pepperoni,         // pounds of pepperoni available
             veggies;           // pounds of veggies available
      public:
         void create ();
         int make_pizza (char variety, int number);
         int ship_pizza (char variety, int number);
         void add_cheese (double pounds);
         void add_flour (double pounds);
         void add_pepperoni (double pounds);
         void add_veggies (double pounds);
         void print ();
};

void pizza_factory::create ()
{
             veggie_pizzas = 0;
             cheese_pizzas = 0;
             pepperoni_pizzas = 0;
             cheese = 0;         
             flour= 0;           
             pepperoni = 0;         
             veggies = 0;
}

int pizza_factory::make_pizza (char variety, int number)
{

}

int pizza_factory::ship_pizza (char variety, int number)
{

}

void pizza_factory::add_cheese (double pounds)
{

}

void pizza_factory::add_flour (double pounds)
{

flour += 1.25;

}

void pizza_factory::add_pepperoni (double pounds)
{

cheese += 

}

void pizza_factory::add_veggies (double pounds)
{

}

void pizza_factory::print ()
{

}

Can you get me started with the idea of what I would need to do in the make_pizza function and I will try. Maybe a similar example that I could get a visual on. Then I will try and apply what your telling me to the program.

I erased my original post because I neglected to check page 2 of the thread.

make_pizza(char variety, int n) sounds like you need to add_flour(), add_pepperoni(), add_vegetables(). The amount of flour, pepperoni and vegetables you need to add will probably depend on the values of those ingredients associated with the variety of pizza to be made and the the number of that variety you are going to make is controlled by the variable n. This information associated with variety could be stored someplace in an array or a class and n can be used to control a loop to cycle through the number of pizzas you need to make.

I erased my original post because I neglected to check page 2 of the thread.

make_pizza(char variety, int n) sounds like you need to add_flour(), add_pepperoni(), add_vegetables(). The amount of flour, pepperoni and vegetables you need to add will probably depend on the values of those ingredients associated with the variety of pizza to be made and the the number of that variety you are going to make is controlled by the variable n. This information associated with variety could be stored someplace in an array or a class and n can be used to control a loop to cycle through the number of pizzas you need to make.

Tried to send you a PM, butyou werent accepting. Here it is.
Hello Lerner,

You posted on a thread that I started in the C++ forum about a pizza factory program. I am in need of some in-depth help and was wondering if you could find some time to do so. Understand if you can't. Unfortunately it is not coming easy for me, and I am desperately needing to pass the course I am taking. That homework I posted is past due and I lost credit for it, but I still need to learn it to be successful on the exam I have Monday. I have another HW that is due today that I am hurting on too. Like I said if you have time great! If not thank you for posting on my thread. Just want to clarify that I am not looking to just get free code. I do want to learn. Other forum members have misunderstood my needs in the past.

Thanks,
Steve

Other forum members have misunderstood my needs in the past.

If multiple people have trouble understanding your needs then the problem is on your end.

If multiple people have trouble understanding your needs then the problem is on your end.

I agree. I probably have not been clear enough. Just need to get help. Not looking to offend, and sorry if I have. Just pretty stressed with this course and looking for some help. I appreciate having this type of forum available.

Hi Stevo,

I haven't read the accompanying .doc, but I assume since your create() method initializes all values to zero, then the add_*() methods are intended to add to your stores of raw materials, while your make_pizza() method should take the type of pizza to be made and the number of that type of pizza, and use that information to add to the number of that type of pizza in your class, and subtract from the amount of raw materials, based on how much of each ingredient is needed to make each type of pizza.

For example, if a cheese pizza is of type 'c' and requires one pound of flour and one pound of cheese, then a call to make_pizza('c', 5) should increase the number of cheese pizzas by 5, and decrease the amount of flour and cheese available by 5 pounds each -- assuming there's enough flour and cheese to make that many pizzas, otherwise your assignment probably tells you what to do: print an error message, and possibly make as many of the pizzas as you can with what you have available.

Your "confusion" stems mostly from panic. You've had difficulty understanding the material presented, and have waited until your assignments are overdue and exams are imminent to seek help.

I'm happy to tutor you a bit offline, but more people can learn from your progress (and other more-advanced programmers can contribute input) if you routinely post your current code and specific questions back into the forum. PM me if you'd like more individual attention.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.