Greetings all. Its been some years since I did anything in QB.

I need to manipulate a txt file so it can be imported into MSAccess.

Problem:
The file is already comma delimitted, however each line of text contains multiple records.

I need to insert a <return> after every 35 commas (fields), before I can import the data into MSAccess.

The txt file is rather large (>20 megs) and manually inserting a <return> when needed is not an option.

Any assistance is appreciated!
Moe

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Try http://zamzar.com

Once you select the file from your hard drive the combo box beside it will contain an option "mdb" to convert it to an Access database. You need to enter your email in Column 3 and they will send the result to you.

Problem:
The file is already comma delimitted, however each line of text contains multiple records.
I need to insert a <return> after every 35 commas (fields), before I can import the data into MSAccess.
The txt file is rather large (>20 megs) and manually inserting a <return> when needed is not an option.

Greetings all. Its been some years since I did anything in QB.

Problem:

Any assistance is appreciated!
Moe

Read a character at a time. Write that character to a new file. Count every comma and at 35 output a <return> instead of the comma.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.