toadzky 0 Junior Poster in Training

I am building a 2-3-4 tree animator as a favor for one of my teachers.

I want to use animations to have the newest value traverse the tree to find where it goes and then insert the value into the node.

The problem comes when I have more than 1 level in the tree. I can get the new value to animate to the correct node, but it does it with a single diagonal movement instead of going to the root and then down.

There are 2 ways I can think of doing it but I have no idea how to implement either:
A - Calculate all the animations for the traversal up front, the play them one after the other.
B - Calculate a step of the traversal and play the animation immediately.

I can't find ANYTHING ANYWHERE on how to play a series of animations sequentially or how to force the code behind to wait for the animation to complete.

For the record, I am currently using the Storyboard.Complete event to chain certain animations, but traversing the tree is done in a while loop and that doesn't work so well (already tried it).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.