Hi.

I need to develop a C source code that accept all marks and counts the total percentage of the subject "STIV1013". And, based on the total percent obtained, I need to determine the grade acquired for the subject "STIV1013" based on the grade table given.

Look below, for a rough idea of what the question is talking about:

"STIV1013" marks:

-Coursework

*Quizzes 10% (Choose the best 2 from 5 quizzes)
-Quiz 1 5%
-Quiz 2 5%
-Quiz 3 5%
-Quiz 4 5%
-Quiz 5 5%

*Assignment 20%(Add all assignments)
-Assignment1 5%
-Assignment2 5%
-Assignment3 5%
-Assignment4 5%

*Final Project 30%(Add all)
-System 20%
-Report 10%

-Final Exam 40%(from 100 marks)

Grade Mark Scale Grade Point

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi.

I need to develop a C source code that accept all marks and counts the total percentage of the subject "STIV1013". And, based on the total percent obtained, I need to determine the grade acquired for the subject "STIV1013" based on the grade table given.

Look below, for a rough idea of what the question is talking about:

"STIV1013" marks:

-Coursework

*Quizzes 10% (Choose the best 2 from 5 quizzes)
-Quiz 1 5%
-Quiz 2 5%
-Quiz 3 5%
-Quiz 4 5%
-Quiz 5 5%

*Assignment 20%(Add all assignments)
-Assignment1 5%
-Assignment2 5%
-Assignment3 5%
-Assignment4 5%

*Final Project 30%(Add all)
-System 20%
-Report 10%

-Final Exam 40%(from 100 marks)

=====Below is the Grade Table=====

Grade === Mark Scale === Grade Point
A+ === 90-100 === 4.00 (Excellent)
A === 80-89 === 4.00 (Excellent)
A- === 75-79 === 3.67 (Good)
B+ === 70-74 === 3.33 (Good)
B === 65-69 === 3.00 (Good)
B- === 60-64 === 2.67 (Satisfactory)
C+ === 55-59 === 2.33 (Satisfactory)
C === 50-54 === 2.00 (Fail)
C- === 45-49 === 1.67 (Fail)
D+ === 40-44 === 1.33 (Fail)
D === 35-39 === 1.00 (Fail)
F === 0-34 === 0.00 (Fail)

I hope someone could please give me a rough idea on how to develop the C source code for this question step-by-step. This is my final project for this semester. And I desperately need someone's help here.

I seem to get the idea on how to do it. But then I don't. Get me?
So, I hope I get new feedbacks soon. Please help this noob here. Thanks in advance.

Threads merged.

Threads merged.

You mean, someone already posted the same thead post title as I did??? Or what???

I mean you started two closely related threads on the same program. There's no need for two separate threads which ultimately would result in duplicated effort by the helpers.

So far, you haven't shown any of your own work - and copy and pasting the requirements of the project, certainly doesn't count as work on your project.

So we have no idea what you're stuck on.

Get started on your assignment, and when you get stuck on something, post up about the problem you're having. Be specific! "This doesn't work" on a post, just doesn't give us much to go on.

Use how you would do this work by hand (paper and pencil), and use the same patterns of work and logic, to design your pseudo code. Then use your pseudo code, to design your program. Work through an example or two or three, of a students grading by hand, and you'll see the pattern emerge. Look for it.

And post back when you get stumped on a problem that you can show some work on, and has specifics. General problems take up too much time to try and sort through.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.