Im Talken About The Basic (As in Simple not BASIC) DLL not Win32/OS/2 Kind. I Want The Dlls for the program to be in the 'bin' Directory thats is in the same folder as the .exe. Is there a simple (Not Moving Kansas) way to do this?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Im Talken About The Basic (As in Simple not BASIC) DLL not Win32/OS/2 Kind. I Want The Dlls for the program to be in the 'bin' Directory thats is in the same folder as the .exe. Is there a simple (Not Moving Kansas) way to do this?

Umm... copying the file ??
You could use the traditional ctrl + c to copy and ctrl + v to paste :)
Or if you'd like to do it throught command prompt, do the following :

xcopy <complete location of dll file>  <location of the folder you'd like to copy to>

I dont mean the file, that's easy. Making it so that I don't get the "Foo.dll is missing, reinstalling the application might fix this" Having the Dll in a subdirectory makes the folder less ugly. For example Code::Blocks Has a Few DLLs in the share subdirectory. How do I make the program do something like that?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.