HI, dears, Can any 1 help me in writing the following program.. i cant do it. so can any1 help me.

> Write C++ program that calculates the following
Total Runs
Total Balls
6s
4s
3s
2s
1s
0s
S/R
Avg

m waiting fr this.

This Program is About Cricket Runs, 6s,4s Totalling..

VernonDozier commented: Even if I wanted to write the whole thing for you, I'd still have to research the rules of cricket. -3
PrimePackster commented: Spam Spam Spam +0

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Since this is your first post, I'll explain.
The expectation is for you to show some effort and we will help you where you get stuck.
I could possibly help you with the code, but I know NOTHING about Cricket except the look of the bat.

If you know in your head the rules and the scoring, then the rest is math (addition and division), so you will need to write your code using variables that represent the elements and their numerical values.

Have you started on any of the code?

Well I do know about cricket so can help you but your question is too vague. What i feel is you enter number of 6s,4s,3s,2s,1s and dots. Also you need to enter number of balls played. You take this information from user. Now you calculate the total runs, average and strike rate which is simple mathematics . That is how I see it.

Well I am a cricket fan, and i didn't understand what you are asking for.
As far as i see, you want the user to enter ball by ball runs, No matter how much runs are scored in each.
Then show all the statistics in real time. Right?
Well concluded because, that's how they show it on TV.
Gives us the code to start with....

I assume it will surprise no one that this is a cross post.

http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/58817/

Wow! Nice finding there!
Well is it legal around here?

Does this come under this rule? Do not post articles that you have already published on another website

Wow! Nice finding there!
Well is it legal around here?

Does this come under this rule? Do not post articles that you have already published on another website

Thanks. Just had a hunch, given the lack of effort and the fact that he never came back, that this was hit-and-run flood the forums kind of post. These people tend to post verbatim copy and paste everywhere and the language seemed unique enough, so a quick google search on "HI, dears, Can any 1 help me in writing the following program" ended up with a few hits. He posted, at minimum, here, at cplusplus.com, and on Yahoo Answers. Didn't follow up on any of them.

As far as rules broken, I don't know that the "articles" rule was broken. That's more of an intellectual property rule, I think. Could be wrong. He certainly violated the "must show effort" rule and while cross-posting isn't against the rules here, it's considered bad manners. It's all irrelevant to a guy like this though who I'm sure couldn't care less if he gets an infraction.

commented: Thanks for the info +0

As far as rules broken, I don't know that the "articles" rule was broken. That's more of an intellectual property rule, I think. Could be wrong. He certainly violated the "must show effort" rule and while cross-posting isn't against the rules here, it's considered bad manners. It's all irrelevant to a guy like this though who I'm sure couldn't care less if he gets an infraction.

Thanks for the info, i wanted to know if that was legal....Well at the end of the day, he was just spamming... So i think posting for this thread stops here.....:P

He didn't do anything illegal. He just broke a lot of rules. Presumably he's a student and there's a rule at his school against plagiarism. If anyone had actually helped him and given him code and he turned it in verbatim and got caught, he could get in trouble. Nobody helped him so it's moot. But even if that had happened, no law would have been broken.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.