Start New Discussion within our Software Development Community

How do interpreters do it?

I've seen bots for games that encrypt files then decrypt them at runtime and run what's in them..

Well How? How can I do this in C++? I plan to do this in another language but I decided to ask in C++ section because this is my strongest language and I'd understand anything posted better..

Example:

int funct()
{
	fsdh9hsdg				//Encrypted code.. Decrypted to: SetMousePos(X, Y);
	gdsgdsghshs				//encrypted code.. aka.. If else statement..
	hshsdhfshfshs
	hshsfhfhdfhdfhd
}

int Foo()
{
	decryptfunction('funct');
	//Run the decrypted function.. aka funct; so the mouse should move to X, Y?
}

How could decrypting fsdh9hsdg to SetMousePos(X, Y) at runtime help? You don't do anything with the C++ code at runtime. It's too late by then. fsdh9hsdg obviously isn't going to compile. I could see having hard-coded encrypted values in variable assignment code which were decrypted at runtime. I can definitely see having a C++ program running, then reading an encrypted file, decrypting it, then doing something based on the data. I could see having encrypted C++ code which was decrypted during the runtime of ANOTHER C++ program, then compiled and run by that other program. You're looking at a long pause while it's being compiled that you won't get with an interpreted language.

I imagine these bots you are talking about take encrypted shell scripts or Perl or whatever.

But I can't see any circumstances where you'd have anything close to what you're posting.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.