i have the same problem of this post http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/vbnet/threads/409118/1746088#post1746088

i cant find the elements of this site that i need to my system. this is the only missing part to my system/project

this is the site : someurl.com

this is the portion that i want to grab
[IMG]http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t432/doomhades666/sss12.png[/IMG]

Thanks in advanced.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

If you view the page source you will see that the text you are after isn't even contained in the page. It is an iFrame which calls a php script to handle the actual maths. Not sure how you are going to get around that...

Public Class Form1
    Private urlMain As String = "http://www.someurl.com/"
    Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        With WebBrowser1
            .ScriptErrorsSuppressed = True
            .Navigate(urlMain & "solver.html")
        End With
    End Sub

Private Sub WebBrowser1_DocumentCompleted(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgs) Handles WebBrowser1.DocumentCompleted
        With WebBrowser1
            txt.Text = .Url.AbsoluteUri
            If .Url.AbsoluteUri = urlMain & "_answer.php" Then '// 1. check if url is the page w/the answer on it.
                .Navigate(urlMain & .Document.GetElementById("centerContentFrame").GetAttribute("src")) '// 2. extract url from iFrame and .Navigate to it.
                '// 3. Thank "hericles" for pointing out the <iframe> and getting you a quicker solution from .Me.
            End If
        End With
    End Sub
End Class

:)

Well, there you go. And I learnt something too. A good day...

Thanks for the reply guys specially to codeorder for the code

But i have a problem now on putting the values from textboxes and the button

this is my code

Private Sub WebBrowser1_DocumentCompleted(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserDocumentCompletedEventArgs) Handles WebBrowser1.DocumentCompleted
        With WebBrowser1
            TextBox4.Text = .Url.AbsoluteUri
            If .Url.AbsoluteUri = urlMain Then
                With .Document
                    .GetElementById("lhs").SetAttribute("value", TextBox1.Text)
                    .GetElementById("rhs").SetAttribute("value", TextBox2.Text)
                    .GetElementById("variable").SetAttribute("value", TextBox3.Text)
                    .GetElementById("Solve it...").InvokeMember("submit")
                End With
            End If
            If .Url.AbsoluteUri = urlMain & "_answer.php" Then '// 1. check if url is the page w/the answer on it.
                .Navigate(urlMain & .Document.GetElementById("centerContentFrame").GetAttribute("src")) '// 2. extract url from iFrame and .Navigate to it.
                '// 3. Thank "hericles" for pointing out the <iframe> and getting you a quicker solution from .Me.
            End If
        End With
    End Sub

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        WebBrowser1.Navigate(urlMain)

this is the image that i want to get the values and put it on my textboxes and button.
[IMG]http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t432/doomhades666/ss241.png[/IMG]

Had to modify quite a bit of code for you to post values to those <input/> TextBoxes since no IDs on them, though Nothing major.

Public Class Form1
    Private urlMain As String = "http://www.someurl.com/"

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        With WebBrowser1
            .ScriptErrorsSuppressed = True
            .Navigate(urlMain & "solver.html")
        End With
    End Sub

With WebBrowser1
            txt.Text = .Url.AbsoluteUri
            Select Case .Url.AbsoluteUri
                Case urlMain & "solver.html"
                    With .Document '// since no IDs on the elements, locate all <input/> TextBoxes and set values as needed.
                        For Each elm As HtmlElement In .GetElementsByTagName("input")
                            With elm
                                If .Name = "lhs" Then .SetAttribute("value", TextBox1.Text)
                                If .Name = "rhs" Then .SetAttribute("value", TextBox2.Text)
                                If .Name = "variable" Then .SetAttribute("value", TextBox3.Text)
                            End With
                        Next
                        .Forms(1).InvokeMember("submit")
                    End With
                Case urlMain & "_answer.php"
            End Select
        End With
    End Sub
End Class

.btw, I also learned something from this; how to properly make use of the .GetElementsByTagName and I might just use that on my adventure to rob the internet of <input/> TextBoxes.:D

Hope this helps.:)

wow thanks for the quick answer. but how can i add a button on it? because it automatically calculating.

.Remove(.Navigate(urlMain & "solver.html")) from Form1_Load and add it to the top of your hat:D; that is if your hat is a Button, otherwise add it to a Button.:)

thanks man it works. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.