Hi,
For my project I want to write program in C# (VS.NET 2003) that can connect two Bluetooth devices and transfer text message between them. I have no Bluetooth device with my PC, so I will use USB Dongle for Bluetooth connectivity. Any body can help me from where should I start and what additional SDKs I require?

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi,

What is the other device(s) ? This changes the platform and programmability (C# won't run on anything other than .Net Compact Framework on Pocket PC Handhelds). There isn't a very established bluetooth messaging standart. But for PC to PC you can establish a TCP/IP network connection over bluetooths and use sockets.

Loren Soth

Hi,

What is the other device(s) ? This changes the platform and programmability (C# won't run on anything other than .Net Compact Framework on Pocket PC Handhelds). There isn't a very established bluetooth messaging standart. But for PC to PC you can establish a TCP/IP network connection over bluetooths and use sockets.

Loren Soth

i have problem like that, i want to find bluetoth devices mac addresses in the range and than store in an array

i work on a security system and i cant find enough document for that

i know i have to use APIs for device discovery but i dont know which one
:(

can you help me?

Hi,
For my project I want to write program in C# (VS.NET 2003) that can connect two Bluetooth devices and transfer text message between them. I have no Bluetooth device with my PC, so I will use USB Dongle for Bluetooth connectivity. Any body can help me from where should I start and what additional SDKs I require?

Thanks.

i searched a way a lot of time to reach bluetooth devices which are in my range but i cant find an easy way. but some people wrote some dll files then they used these in a namespace for .net. but it is expensive to use just device discovery. this namespace's name is franson if you pay 99$, you can easily access a remote device but i have to say that i did not try , sorry :(

Hi,

The problem here is that even XP don't come with a bluetooth stack unless you have SP2. So every body use a different bluetooth stack (my dongle came w/ Bluesoleil but there also is Widcomm which is widely used) ; thus there isn't a bluetooth API at all to code against. Your best bets are to use standart serial (COM#: over BT) communication or TCP/IP through PAN. if you use PAN you can get the MAC of the remote BT dongle but remember, most (almost all) BT devices require atleast pairing (and also authentication, authorization and even encryption) before accessing those services.
Also to reply the first post, I must correct my first answer there is multiple standardized BT profiles, one being Object Push and another being Information Exchange which generally are configured to not require pairing or other authentication which you might use for simple text exchange.

Loren Soth

Loren Soth

i also using a bluesoleil dongle and its use ivt stack produced by bluesoleil. and franson was made for microsoft and widcomm stack. but when i unintalled bluesoleil driver then instal microsoft stack from the hardware manager, my dongle worked also franson worked.

on the other hands i find a free sdk for ivt bluesoleil, its repuirement is bluesoleil 1.6 , now i work for use that in .net. if i cant i think i have to use win sokets

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.