Hi guys I've been trying to connect my c# file to my database file(in .mdf format created in SQL Server Management Studio 2008). So basically I used visual studio 2008 for my C# file and SQL Server Management Studio 2008 for my database file. Now I'm sure that the naming conventions that I used in C# are the same as the naming conventions with my .mdf database file.

Now I tried to follow the instructions written in this link: http://www.homeandlearn.co.uk/csharp/csharp_s12p1.html

Unfortunately I wasn't able to make it run properly, I mean whenever I type data in my c# app it doesn't appear on the tables that I executed in my .mdf file in management studio... I will upload the files both the C# app and the database file so you can test it, and I hope the link that I have included in this post will be a bit helpful. Please inform me guys how you did it if ever you were able to connect and run them properly. All helps will be very appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

can't download the c# file.

hold up a sec I will try to reupload it bro

For those who cannot download the C# file here it is guys. Thanks in advance again!

Still no good, try and rename your file. Try uploading it to another hosting server.
I got 404 not found error message. Can anybody else download it?

commented: I can't even download it myself I also got 4040 error +2

how about this? I tried making it a .rar file...

Michael do you want me to just send it in your email???

You have PM

one last try... I hope this will work now, tried to placed all the files in the folder instead

still did not work...

rename it to Csharp_zip

Finally!!! Working CSHARP file here download here:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.