I am trying to write code for a calculator in a way it appears in GUI.What i mean here is ,i want to display a zero and then replace it with a value (typed) there after perform operations.I am using Visual Studio 2010 ,i want my output to appear as explained above in the Output window of visual studio.

Is there any KEYWORD in C++ (may be advanced C++) to replace a value or variable??

Lastly, is my question right??
Can this be done on the console window of visual studio ??

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Is there any KEYWORD in C++ (may be advanced C++) to replace a value or variable??

No c++ itself doesn't support GUI programs, but if you have the express version of vc++ you can create Windows Forms application in CLI/C++, which is a superset of c++. If you have the standard or pro editions of vc++ then you have other options, such as MFC and ATL. All those languages require a working knowledge of c++.

Can this be done on the console window of visual studio ??

To some extent, yes. You will have to use the win32 api Console functions to move the cursor to the screen location where you want to display the number.

Hey ,Thank you very much on your reply .
Your explanation is clear and perfect.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.