-->>Hi all out there...
-->>I developed my application in windows 7 lately but my OS crashed suddenly so I decided to install XP SVC-Pack3
-->>I installed back my VB 6.0 but when I run my Application the Codes that were fine in V=Windows 7 are now Mulfunctioning...
-->>Now Iam going crazy with It and I dont know what to do can some one tell me what could be the source of this problem?
-->>Example I wrote the Code for Time() It worked perfectly but now...Boombing my Head
-->>It was like lblTime.Caption=Time() now its no longer working
-->>I also declared a Variable bdConnector as Database but Now the Datatype Database is no longer found
-->>I changed to bdConnector as Connection the same proble I wonder Why,but still no answer...
-->>If any one more interested I may attach it for more assistance
-->>Waiting for your Advices,Thanks

Recommended Answers

check if the reference "Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library" is marked.. It should work..
If still cant, then check the version of ur dlls..

Jump to Post

try using: Public dbMbezi As DAO.Database

if still not working.. go to Tools>References and unselect any checkboxes that have the word MISSING in them from the list of libraries.

Jump to Post

All 6 Replies

check if the reference "Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library" is marked.. It should work..
If still cant, then check the version of ur dlls..

-->>Hi frnds2vivek,all of the tips are fine I alredy refferenced "Microsoft DAO 3.6 Object Library". I wrote the line at the Module level and the Compile Error says "Can't find project or library", the code is:->

Option Explicit
'THE ERROR ARISES FROM THE VARIABLE DATA TYPE DECLARED BELLOW i.e, Database'
Public dbMbezi As Database

-->>Then there occurs a highlight of 'dbMbezi As Database'
-->>The 'dbMbezi' is the variable I'm intending to use to hold My database...
-->>Another Idea or trick...

try using: Public dbMbezi As DAO.Database

if still not working.. go to Tools>References and unselect any checkboxes that have the word MISSING in them from the list of libraries.

When you installed vb6, did you also install vb6 service pack 6. a Lot of your references was included in sp6.

Do: 2nd person above me says.

Check if some reference missing, click the item then see description (name of the missing DLL if any)

Otherwise, install SP'c 5 and 6

-->>Thanx all of U guyz let me try find out abou it,I waznt aware of the SP 5/6 thing now let me see how to start.I'll giv fd back soon and if any Idea where to find SP 5/6 U may help apart from google thing?.Tanx 4 dic guyz

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.