hi all
all the deps were met,and autotools & ./configure run smooth,but make fails with the following error,tried with gcc2 & gcc4 environement,the same error, i hope to find some help here.

here it is:

In file included from xine.c:33:0:
/boot/develop/headers/bsd/string.h:16:7: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before '(' token
/boot/develop/headers/bsd/string.h:16:7: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before '(' token
xine.c: In function 'xine_init':
xine.c:1791:7: warning: passing argument 4 of 'this->config->register_enum' from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
xine.c:1791:7: note: expected 'char **' but argument is of type 'const char * const*'
In file included from metronom.c:31:0:
make[2]: *** [libxine_la-xine.lo] Error 1
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: *** [libxine_la-metronom.lo] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory /boot/home/Desktop/xine-lib-1.2.0/src/xine-engine' make[1]: *** [../src/xine-engine/libxine.la] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving directory/boot/home/Desktop/xine-lib-1.2.0/misc'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
~/Desktop/xine-lib-1.2.0>

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

sorry i didn't provide more info on this issue,i hope to find some help here because i'm clueless about this error
this is the header in question

#ifndef _BSD_STRING_H_
#define _BSD_STRING_H_

#include_next <string.h>

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif

char* strsep(char** string, const char* delimiters);

#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif

#endif  /* _BSD_STRING_H_ */
------------------------------------------

and this is the xine.c file

#define LOG
#define DEBUG
*/

#define XINE_ENABLE_EXPERIMENTAL_FEATURES
#define XINE_ENGINE_INTERNAL
#define METRONOM_CLOCK_INTERNAL

#include <xine/xine_internal.h>
#include <xine/plugin_catalog.h>
#include <xine/audio_out.h>
#include <xine/video_out.h>
#include <xine/demux.h>
#include <xine/buffer.h>
#include <xine/spu_decoder.h>
#include <xine/input_plugin.h>
#include <xine/metronom.h>
#include <xine/configfile.h>
#include <xine/osd.h>
#include <xine/spu.h>

#include <xine/xineutils.h>
#include <xine/compat.h>

#ifdef WIN32
#   include <fcntl.h>
#   include <winsock.h>
#endif /* WIN32 */

#include "xine_private.h"

---------------------------------------
and this is the metronom.c file

#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
#include "config.h"
#endif

#include <time.h>
#include <inttypes.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <unistd.h>
#include <math.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <errno.h>

#define LOG_MODULE "metronom"
#define LOG_VERBOSE
/*
#define LOG
#define LOG_AUDIO
*/
#define METRONOM_INTERNAL
#define METRONOM_CLOCK_INTERNAL

#include <xine/xine_internal.h>
#include <xine/metronom.h>
#include <xine/xineutils.h>

------------------------------------------
this compiles smoothly under linux,but it just keeps throwing the same error under haiku,i tried uncommenting the string.h from the xine.c,it gave me another error "memcp"(or something) "not declared in this scope" wich seems abvious.and then removed the string.h from build tools

/boot/develop/headers/bsd/string.h
thinking it would pick automaticaly up the other string.h wich resides in /boot/develop/headers/posix/string.h
that's the one that containes the needed functions,but no go,i get the same error again,because this string.h is all over the place in the source code.
so i'm hoping someone with better skills can give me some hints where to look.

this compiles smoothly under linux,but it just keeps throwing the same error under haiku,i tried uncommenting the string.h from the xine.c,it gave me another error "memcp"(or something) "not declared in this scope" wich seems abvious.and then removed the string.h from build tools

/boot/develop/headers/bsd/string.h
thinking it would pick automaticaly up the other string.h wich resides in /boot/develop/headers/posix/string.h
that's the one that containes the needed functions,but no go,i get the same error again,because this string.h is all over the place in the source code.
so i'm hoping someone with better skills can give me some hints where to look.
thanks in advance.

Somehow I don't think you will find many people here familiar with Haiku. I am considered something of an expert on many systems (Windows, DOS, CP/M, Amiga, QNX, Linux, Unix including BSD, Solaris, HPUX, AIX, and Tru64), but I don't know anything about Haiku. I would strongly suggest that you post your question on their user forums: http://www.haiku-os.org/forum

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.