Member Avatar for iamthwee

Does anyone have any links/ tutorials about writing complex classes.

U know stuff like overloading operators, using friend function.

Or am I best to get a book on this. If so which book is good .

ThanQ

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It's best to move slowly unless you have a pressing need to write a complex class right away. What are you trying to do?

best getting a book "C++ the complete reference" by H Schilt

>It's best to move slowly unless you have a pressing need to write a complex class right away. What are you trying to do?

I'm working on a project with someone else on this board. I already have what I want working, I just need to make it into a class. I don't care about how fast I am moving. I learn quickly, I just need the info.

I'm trying to make a class to handle an abstract mathematical field of study.

>best getting a book "C++ the complete reference" by H Schilt

Thanx I'll look into that.

>best getting a book "C++ the complete reference" by H Schilt
Please don't speak again until you realize why this statement is a bad recommendation.

>I learn quickly, I just need the info.
Okay, a decent site would be http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/. Beyond that, a book would do you wonders. I would recommend Stroustrup's "The C++ Programming Language" for excellent intermediate to advanced coverage of pretty much everything you'd care to learn about C++.

And of course, specific questions are always welcome here. :)

>Please don't speak again until you realize why this statement is a bad recommendation.

That twas a bit harsh... poor DRJd... no wonder u get yourself into so many flaming wars narue. ;)

>Okay, a decent site would be http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/. Beyond that, a book would do you wonders. I would recommend Stroustrup's "The C++ Programming Language" for excellent intermediate to advanced coverage of pretty much everything you'd care to learn about C++.

Thanx I'll look into that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.