Hello everyone. I have this program to write for my college course. I listed the instructions below. The problem I have is the starting point. I don't know where to begin. Would it make sense to have a class called Sports, class called mySports, and then classes such as Basketball..etc that extend mySports? I'm lost with the inheritance part of this chapter. I just need help on starting the program. I can manage to build it.

Directions: Design and implement a set of classes that keep track of various sports statistics. Have each low-level class represent a specific sport. Tailor the services of the classes to the sport in question, and move common attributers to the higher-level classes as appropriate. Create a driver class to instantiate and exercise several of the classes.

Again. I am not asking anyone to do it for me. I don't want that. I just need to know how to start it.

Thank you all for your time.

Just an abstract class Soprt, and non-abstract sub-classes Basketball etc. for the data, and a MySports class as the driver? Yes, makes complete sense to me.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.