I would like to know what tool/class should I use to create a map that used for games?
such example: user use key to move an object...and if moves then the more map will shown
I admit, I did not do much research on this.. but I wanted to approach the concept of "map" by myself.

I was thinking about linked list ...
could someone help me through understanding this.. :)

Recommended Answers

Are you talking about the "model" for your game, or the "view" that displays it on the screen? "show" suggests a GUI solution, but linked list is something you would use in a amodel and has no GUI characteristics whatever.
Maybe you can expand/clarify the requirements some more?

Jump to Post

By "map" do you mean a background image that is drawn and filled in as it is moved?
For example if the background is moved down, new background is drawn in on the top.

Jump to Post

All 5 Replies

Are you talking about the "model" for your game, or the "view" that displays it on the screen? "show" suggests a GUI solution, but linked list is something you would use in a amodel and has no GUI characteristics whatever.
Maybe you can expand/clarify the requirements some more?

By "map" do you mean a background image that is drawn and filled in as it is moved?
For example if the background is moved down, new background is drawn in on the top.

I would like to thank you both,
yes NormR1, this is what I'm asking for :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.