Good day,

I keep running into a very persistent "Could not fine installable ISAM" error when trying to connect to an Excel sheet (office 2010) by opening an OledbConnection

Here's my connection string:

Dim strCon As String
strCon = "Provider=Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;ACE OLEDB:Database Password=" & strEnter & ";Data Source= " & strExcel & ";Extended Properties=""Excel 12.0 xlsx"";"

MyConnection = New System.Data.OleDb.OleDbConnection(strCode)

Everythin I've read sofar points to the connection string as the cause of the exception, but try as I may I can't get it to work.

Any assistence or pointer into the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Thanks kRod, that works fine, however it goes wrong again when I want to open a password protected xlsx file.

ACE OLEDB:Database Password=" & strEnter & ";

This is when I run against the "uninstallable ISAM" error.
Do you have any suggestions? I couldn't find anything on (http://www.connectionstrings.com/excel-2007#ace-oledb-12-0) on this subject.

Appreciate your help

try this.

Provider := Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source="C:\temp\MyExcel.xlsx";Extended Properties="Excel 12.0 Xml;HDR=YES;“;Jet OLEDB:Database Password=”";

That works, You're a live saver!!!
Thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.