Hey Folks!

I'm using a windows hook to scroll horizontally through a listview. I have it aligned so it only adds items horizontally. I have 2 big buttons I'm using to scroll right and left with nice bitmaps on them...

The problem is the listbox has scrollbars appear when I fill it up. I don't want them. It's easy enough to turn .Scrollable = Off but then my buttons to scroll left and right don't work :(

I'm using this (and user32.dll) to scroll
Private Declare Auto Function SendMessage Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As IntPtr, ByVal wMsg As Integer, ByVal wParam As Integer, ByVal lParam As Integer) As Integer

SendMessage(lvGallery.Handle, WM_HSCROLL, SB_LINEDOWN, 0)

Perhaps someone knows of a way to scroll left and right without the hook? Or maybe there's a way I can hide the scrollbars but keep Scrollable enabled?

I'm starting to realize that using win32 calls is going to mess with my cross compatability...

' Declare in class before form
Declare Function ShowScrollBar Lib "user32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal wBar As Long, ByVal bShow As Long) As Long

'Declare in a sub like formload     
' Hide Scrollbars
Const SB_HORZ As Long = 0
Const SB_VERT As Long = 1
Const SB_BOTH As Long = 3
ShowScrollBar(ListView.Handle, SB_VERT, False)
ShowScrollBar(ListView.Handle, SB_HORZ, True)
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.