Hello everyone:).I am curently developing a C# application and I need to make it check for updates.
I've never done something like this before in C#.My application output type is windows application.So in need for some help please:D..

Recommended Answers

You'll need a website for the app to connect to that will have the latest version of the app. This article might help in connecting your app to the web

Jump to Post

All 3 Replies

You'll need a website for the app to connect to that will have the latest version of the app. This article might help in connecting your app to the web

I have a website.I succeded in connecting and downloading the supposed file for update from the server but how to I do the file replacement so to say? My application output type is windows application so I would need to replace the app exe..

You might need a wrapper around the setup, to shut down your app so that it can be overwritten either that or run the uninstall from the setup.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.21 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.