Hi experts, I have listview table but when I click or double click the row the data could be changed or edited? How could I disable it but still able to select every row? Many thanks!

Kimangel

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

the purpose here is that changes could only be done in textboxes not directly on listview table.

Hi,

Change the property Setting for ListView:
LabelEdit = 1 -lvwManual

Regards
Veena

commented: yep +8

Perhaps the behaviour is different in VB6 and earlier but in VB 2010 the items in the ListView are not editable. Are you sure you mean ListView and not some other control?

If there is no code under the listview double click event, it will not do anything.

If you want it to NOT do anything, remove the code from the double click event...

On single click, remove the code that lets the user edit teh data... It seems that you have some copied code that you do not understand fully.

If there is no code under the listview double click event, it will not do anything.

This might be easier to determine if the OP had actually provided code.

indeed. :)

Seriously? I get a downvote for suggesting that some code might be of help in solving the problem? And for asking for a clarification on a control type? Someone has a pretty thin skin.

commented: Up you go :) +13

I couldn't see the downvote. No comments added? I hate it when we help and then get downvoted because people is entirely ungratefull for teh help!!!

Gave you some on my side, should be worth more than the downvote!! :)

Thank you experts, especially to Veena. it works.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.