Hi i finally done my first project and thanks to those who help me here in daniweb.
Special mentions @Reverend Jim and @TnTinMN.

But when i run the setup to install it in another computer which is a 64bit. My project didnt connect to the database which is access.
But when i install it in win xp it works fine.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Do you receive any errors while trying to run the application?

It could be a number of things:

ie...
1).NET Framework
2)A DLL the project is compiled with has to be registered
3)You could have a problem with the variables that are 32bit dependant.

I hope these help hunt down the problem!

But when i run the setup to install it in another computer which is a 64bit. My project didnt connect to the database which is access.

The most likely issue is that the target install can not find the DB provider.

If you are using the Jet provider, your application must be 32-bit as there is no 64-bit Jet provider.

If you are using the ACE provider, then make sure you have the correct (32 vs 64) installed to match your application's targeted CPU. see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff965871.aspx#DataProgrammingWithAccess2010_using32vs64ace

I believe that if you used the ANYCPU option, then it would JIT to a 64-bit application on a 64-bit OS.

commented: Yeppers! +8

it say that
ace provider is not registered on the local machine

my computer is a 32bit and i want to install my project to other computer which is 64 bit.

Zick,

You may need install the ACE provider on the other machine.

Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable

You will need to make sure which bitness (32-64, or both) that your application targets. Go to Project->Properties and select the compile tab.

At the top of the screen you should see two comboboxes.

The one on the left should be "Configuration" and the one on the right should be "Platform". Platform is the one of interest.

Please let us know what is selected for Platform.

the selected platform is Active (Any CPU)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.