Group,

After asking what seems to be a thousand questions, clearly there is so much more to learn about Visual Basic. So this prompts my "Today's Question":

Are there some good online courses or classes at a local college that I can take?

By the way..... I live in the north metro area of Atlanta.

I have taken 2 continuing education courses online through the local college here. Both were very good at introducing Visual Basic programming and gave me a reasonable understanding of how things work. What it didn't do is explain the "how to's" and "why's" of things such as what a user control is and what a module does, and how to write the "background" code that can be used in every form of the program.

To put my question another way, I want greatly to learn more. I've tried to look online for such courses or colleges. But I'm not sure what exactly to look for. Consequently, I'll appreciate greatly your input.

Thanks again for all ya'll do.

Don

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I live in the north metro area of Atlanta.

The .NET users group meets at the Microsoft offices in Alpharetta. If nothing else it's a good way to network with other developers and ask about targeted courses. I wish I could say I'd see you there, but I'm too lazy to drive even from Marietta to Alpharetta for the meetings, so I've never gone except on business. ;)

Deceptikon,

I had no idea you lived so close by. I live in Marietta as well!

I gather this group is open to guys like me?

Don

I had no idea you lived so close by. I live in Marietta as well!

Small world. :)

I gather this group is open to guys like me?

It's open to anyone, as far as I know.

Deceptikon, the world is getting smaller!

Rev. Jim, thanks for the link. I'll peruse it today. Hopefully I'll find some new things. My latest thing is to take an existing part in my inventory, "clone" (as in copy) it with a new part number, then edit the description and any other needed fields to complete the creation of the new part.

I've also got to think about how to create valid inventory locations and then be able to copy parts into those valid locations..... I hope that make sense.

You guys are the best. Thanks again.

Don

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.