Hi
Bhavcopy is the file containing the data of the prices of stock, derivatives etc in a given day for trade at a stock exchange. The stock market i am considering here is NSE India.
I want to download the "Bhavcopyfrom derivatives section from the link http://www.nseindia.com/archives/archives.htm".
The above link could download the bhavcopy of a particular date(if exists) but sice i want to download the data for the last one year, i can't do it manually date by date.
For this, i am trying to code a downloader which will generate the "Bhavcopy" from a start date to an end date. For the downloader, obviously i need certain information like location of the files on server or the URL could also give us some details about the same.
Now the question is: How do i get the information about location of the files to download it from "nseindia server"? They use a static link for the downloads(i.e. link remains same even when you download it for 2 different dates..)

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by pritaeas

and there already exists a downloader "Bhavcopy downloader"for the same but it erases some data from the original file. I don't want to give upon even a small lose of data.
So i want to write a downloader of my own.
You may have a look at the downloader on getbhavcopy.com

So i want to write a downloader of my own.

What language are you using?

If there is a logic to the download links, you maybe able to recreate the link you need for any date.

Contact them, perhaps they will provide it.

Edited by pritaeas

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.