Hi, luc001!

I am using VB 2008 Express Edition and Access 2007. Here, i want some codes over the database connection issues like successful record updates after the connection is get closed, report generations and all with error handlings. So ll u please help me out with the issues.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

it's like you want us to do your homework here dude :D, show your progress so far

ok frends i ll return here with my codes. wait for the time.

Imports System.Data.OleDb
Public Class LoginForm1

Private Sub OK_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles OK.Click
    Try
        Dim con As New OleDbConnection("Provider=Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0;data source=C:\Users\Euphoria\Documents\VodStore\VodStore\bin\Debug\VodStock.mdb")
        Dim cmd As OleDbCommand = New OleDbCommand("SELECT * FROM Users WHERE userid = '" & UsernameTextBox.Text & "' AND password = '" & PasswordTextBox.Text & "' ", con)
        cmd.Connection.Open()
        'con.Open()
        Dim sdr As OleDbDataReader = cmd.ExecuteReader()
        ' If the record can be queried, Pass verification and open another form.   
        If (sdr.Read() = True) Then
            MessageBox.Show("Access Granted!")
            Form1.Show()
            Me.Hide()
        Else
            MessageBox.Show("Access Denied! Invalid username or password.")
        End If
    Catch es As Exception
        Beep()
        MsgBox(es.Message)
    End Try
End Sub

Private Sub Cancel_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Cancel.Click
    Me.Close()
End Sub

End Class

Here, i got a message of "Data type mismatch in crietria expression.". Please help me

What is the datatype of your UserID in the "User" table? You are providing String Type to check against them in your table.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.