Sorting algorithms are an important part of managing data. There are many sorting algorithms. Each algorithm has particular strengths and weaknesses.
You are asked to write two programs in C++, one for Insertion Sort and another for Merge Sort.
Compare the execution time for both programs for different data sets. Record your observations and analyse which sorting algorithm is faster.
Every line of code should be commented.
You should submit a word document in a report format containing:
- Introduction to Insertion Sort and Merge Sort
- Flow charts of both techniques
- Algorithms for both techniques used in your programs
- Run Time analysis by inputting different data sets
- Comparing the execution time in tabular format
- “Pretty Printed” Source code
- Screenshots of output.
- Future Scope
Edited 3 Years Ago by pritaeas: Moved.