Henry Schubel 5 Light Poster

I was here looking for a solution that I didn't find, but have since figured it out so I thought I'd post it as I doubt I'm the only one who has had the need. The issue is - How do you have Crystal print to a 'Named Printer' without resetting the Windows Detault Printer, in other words - my default printer is a workgroup laser, and I also want to print to a small thermal label printer. The OCX provides the appropriate properties to do so, but it isn't just setting the Named Printer. Per Crystal Help, you have to set all 3 properties or it doesn't work. You must set...
Printer Name
Printer Port
Printer Driver

I was surprised to find too, that this particular printer was attached to a USB port and the printer driver is USBprint.sys, a generalized driver. The trick in my application, however, was different desktops using different versions of Windows. In one case the root directory was c:\Windows and in another c:|WinNT so be sure you locate the driver. I had to externalize these parameters for max flexibility, but it does work. The only downside I've seen is a bit longer delay than when Crystal initializes for the first report. It's like Windows pauses and says "You want to do what?" Then after it's checked your parameter it goes ahead and prints for you. the slightly slower response isn't worth talking about.