Hello people..
I've been working with listviews and FTP clients and i was wondering if you could help me with getting listview to show the icon for the relevent type. So like i have a files in the listview which is music.mp3 and testdoc.txt etc and i need the list view/image list to show me the icons for the relevent file type. I've tried using some code online from other forums but thy didn't seem to work. Is there anyone who can help me? please...

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

In order to use a mix of icons and other kind of columns, the listview view proerti should be set to List or Details. The List shows an icon with a label. The Details can show the icon (and label) in the left-most column. For further info click here
Hope this helps

In order to use a mix of icons and other kind of columns, the listview view proerti should be set to List or Details. The List shows an icon with a label. The Details can show the icon (and label) in the left-most column. For further info click here
Hope this helps

Thanks a lot but is there a simpler way or any kind of tutorial to get the file icon depending on the file type/extension?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.