I am trying to write a code that directs the user to a specific sheet in the workbook depending on a yes or no answer.
So basically there is information that will need to be completed and the information is specific to whether it is a YES or NO. So I want to set up a page where one of the questions is a yes/no question and depending on the answer you will be directed to a specific sheet for data input. With in that sheet there will be drop down lists specific to that sheet. Data that is based on the YES or NO question.

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Klahr_R

You can start your code any way you please
In this example I have used the Workbook_SheetChange event in the Workbook code module. This event can be triggered by changing a specific cell in a specified sheet.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)
Dim RetVal As Integer
    RetVal = MsgBox("Do You Want To View The Sheet?", vbYesNo, "Get User Response")
    If RetVal = vbYes Then Sheet2.Select
End Sub

A variation on my previous post if you want the "Yes" to occur in a particular cell, in this case A1

Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range)

If Sh.Name = "Sheet1" _
        And Target.Address = "$A$1" _
        And UCase(Target) = "YES" Then _
        Sheet2.Select

End Sub
This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.