I have a tab control with three tabs and I have added a datagridview to each of the first two tabs at design time. Programatically, when the second tab is selected, I am attempting to create columns and add them to the datagridview on the second tab. However, they show up in the datagridview on the first tab. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong; if I step through the code I can see that the selected tab is the correct tab (the second one). Any suggestions?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Without seeing your code, i'd just be guessing that you are adding it to the wrong datagrid.

I agree.. Make sure you're focussed on the correct datagridview. If this is the case just do a simple test by removing the grid on tab 1 and tab 3 and check if it adds to the grid on tab 2. Crude but effective.

Well I feel like an idiot, you guys were correct; I had a typo that was causing things to add to the wrong grid. Thanks for the help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.