Hy I would like to know what python gui framework, I can use that will be compatible cross platform and will help me create my snippet saver, that will be relational database, with categories for each language.

I thought I can use kivy to create my graphical interface than use standalone python to create the rest.

Am i on the wright track?

Oh my experience with python goes like this, I finished codeacademy python watched some tutorials 2 years of web experience html css js php mvc, some java swing and the kivy pong game etc.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hy I would like to know what python gui framework, I can use that will be compatible cross platform

You can use most Python GUI framework as the work fine crossplatform or with minor changes.
Talking about Wxpython,PyQt(PySide),PyGTK and build in Tkinter.

kivy is new in Python GUI world,can be a good choice.
The problem with new stuff is examples and stuff to look at that can help a lot..

With Other GUI the help is very good as an example mega post on this fourm.

I thought I can use kivy to create my graphical interface than use standalone python to create the rest.

There is no standalone Python(of course Portable Python but that has other usercase),you make Python code interact with GUI.
Then at the end it can be a standalone program,with Python/GUI code merged into one unit.

Thank you for your help, I have a ubuntu 13.10 raring with python and an eckipse enviorement, so i am ready to go.

I had look over the examles in the post you provided, and they are very good and well explianed.

Thank you

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.