i need to on button click be able to search for an image rename and move the image to a new folder on next frm load pic box with an image base on the name of the file inside the folder

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Can you please try to explain in clearer detail?

ok im doing a inventory program and i have 2 frms one creates the item (ItemMaker) and another is the item viewer (ItemViewer) on ItemMaker i want to from button click open the file browser and select an image then copy and rename the image (Item01) and paste to an image folder that a pic box located on frm ItemViewer can load based on the name of the item. Item name is the Same name giving to the pic

That's much better. What code have you got so far and what are you having problems with?

that just it i cant find any info on how to do this without a database and the project scope wont alllow the use of a database i have no code for this function i need a starting point

There is nothing that complicated here if you know a little vb.net. What is your level of expertise? If you don't know anything about vb.net you will have to do a little reading on your own first. If you don't have a book then I suggest you start with the video series Visual Basic Fundamentals: Development for Absolute Beginners

i know a little the rest of the program is done i just cant seem to get the image uploader working its the last piece of the program i just cant seem to find the info i need to get the image in my folder and displayed

Use

My.Computer.FileSystem.MoveFile(srcefile,destfile)

to move the image file (there are 4 overloads so pick the one that you need). To display an image you can use a PictureBox control with the Zoom property set to Size. To display an image you do

pbxPicture.Load(filename)
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.