Hello Forum Members;

I'm currently working on a project in which I need to extract Email addresses from Outlook DBX files. I'm facing little difficulty while doing this. The main problem in front of me is handling large files! Basically, I think my approach is to be refined. Currently, I read the DBX file line by line and then use RegExp to check if there is any string alike Email address string. If yes then I extract it to Listview otherwise move on to next Line.

When I observed the DBX file, there is some data on the top of file and then a stack of saved Email Drafts starts. I could not find the separator information used in DBX file by Outlook Express to parse and collect email message while loading those in Outlook Express Application. Can anybody please tell me the structure of DBX file? Do you know any code in Visual Basic 6.0 which is capable of reading Outlook Express DBX files? That will greatly help me. Any Links/Tips are welcome!

Waiting for your reply ...

Regards,

Ruturaj.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hmn, does it have to be from the .dbx file, or can you use vbscript to retrieve the addresses?

.I haven't tried this solution yet as I have to vacate my office for some remodeling that's about to take place, but here's what I found the site at http://www.datanumen.com/aor/.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.