Hello to all! I am using compiler Dev C++ but i am facing a problem in with it. Sometimes it happens that if i try to run one program , it displays the output of another program instead of required program. For example I have two programs named as "Pointer" and "Pointer2". First i run program 1, it runs perfectly and shows its output, but when after this i run second program i-e Pointer2, then Dev C++ again shows the output of first program i-e Pointer, instead of second.
I have faced this problem many times with many ohter programes , specially those programes whose names I assigned in series for example array 1 , array function, array 2 etc.
Please tell me how to handle this situation.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Are you using devc in window 7 or 8?

I am using devc++ in window 7.

Maybe try a different IDE to make sure ti just isn't your code. You can try Code::Blocks, MS VC++, or even just Sublime Text with GCC to compile.

I'm not sure why the compiler would work like that unless you have a really outdated/beta version. Good luck finding a solution.

I'm not sure why the compiler would work like that unless you have a really outdated/beta version.

This is a distinct possibility, actually. The original Bloodshed Dev-C++ hasn't been updated since 2005; for a current development branch, the OP should look to the Orwell fork.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.