Please Help me with my problems as follows below :

1 What is the connection string to connect database to vb.net

2 How do i INSERT UPDATE DELETE AND SEARCH records using sql..

3 How do i start creating a database application using vb.net and sql

Thats all... hope you will help with my ny problem... I will assure that i will appreciate all your comments or suggestion...

Thank You

I've just gone through all this myself. It was great. Here were my steps for my particular approach. (Links Below) Note: This was just my recent research into MySQL, there are other alternatives.

First there are a few DBMS or RDBMS <--- Learned that too. MySQL Workbench, MS SQL Server, Oracle etc

I chose to Use MySQL, so I downloaded SQL Server which runs nicely as a service in the background. I also have MySQL Server running on my server (For remote testing) and installed MySQL Workbench for additional testing and development.

I then downloaded and installed SQL Connector for VB.Net, which lets me easily connect to MySQL databases.

After that I bought a SQL book which gave me all the commands I need to play with.

I then checked out Microsoft's Virtual Accadamy on database fundamentals

I'm Having great fun.

So in this order i did the following

1. Watched and learned the fundamentals of databases on MSVA Click Here These guys are using MS SQL Server (T-SQL etc) which has some slight SQL variations

2. Bought this book for SQL commands (Superb by the way) Click Here

3. I then got my hannds on MySQL Server This page gives you links to MySQL, MySQL Workbench, and the VB.Net Connectors Click Here

It took a couple of days to figure everything out, but now it's all fine and dandy.

Note: if you don't want to have to install the MySQL Server then you need to look into SQLite.

Watch out though, after doing much research, there is difficulty developing windows 8 and 8.1 apps using these kind of databases because apps are run in sandbox. Remote\Server access is ok, but just watch out for local database restrictions.

Have Fun
Jay

Edited 2 Years Ago by J.C. SolvoTerra

MySQL is a open source RDBMS. You would download it from MySQL.Com. The newly reales version is MySQL 5.6.21. The MS SQL Server also a freeware. You would download it from Microsoft Download Center. There are too many versions, MsSql server 2008, 2008R2, 2012 etc. SQL Statments are same for all of the RDBMS.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.