How do C and C++ and C# differ

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

Such a broad question should be first researched via a search.

What Suzie999 says. Don't ask stupid questions until you have exhausted standard search tools...

Just thought about experimenting on how many geniuses are in this forum . Sadly no one could answer this simple question

commented: Not simple, but thoughtless and meaningless. It takes 10 words to ask and thousands to answer. Do your own homework. -1

Sadly no one could answer this simple question

If you already know the answer such that you know it's simple, why not enlighten us and put the Daniweb geniuses to shame?

commented: C++ is an improved version of C created by Bjarne Stroustrup in the 80s, it was originally just C with classes and object orientence +0

C and C++ differ by two plus signs.
C and C# differ by one pound character.
C++ and C# differ by the replacement of two plus signs by a pound character.

Was that the answer you were looking for? Because I can't tell what you want us to explain other than that, because you didn't specify what differences you want to know about.

C is an old systems programming language (all the way from the 60s), created by Dennis Ritchie (RIP) for AT&T/Bell Labs and their UNIX system. It's very low level and works like computers actually work. It's also very very fast because of that.
C++ is an improved version of C created by Bjarne Stroustrup in the 80s, it was originally just C with classes and object orientence, but nowadays it's a huge and complicated language. It's also a superset of C, so all valid C code is valid C++ (the other way doesn't work though). Still very fast.
C# is Microsoft's language for the .NET Framework. The syntax itself looks like C and C++ but the language itself is totally different. It's much higher level (easier to use, does more things for you). It's very similar to Java, but has some more features. Not as fast.

It is kind of like asking "What is the difference between a Yugo and a Ferrari?" They are both cars. They can take you from point A to point B. One is inexpensive and slow. The other takes a lot of expensive maintenance, but will take you from A to B a lot quicker!

commented: the difference i was wanting +0

It would appear that Ahmad is most adept at copy and paste.

And here I thought he was asking stupid questions because he couldn't use Google. Color me wrong. Turns out we're simply dealing with a troll, which was my second guess.

commented: says the person with a troll face herself +0

wasnt this site meant for learning . Shees this is a pathetic site

Everybody has a bad day from time to time. Common questions are often similar in form... Give the dude a break! And Ahmad, this is NOT a pathetic site, but your question was pretty "basic" to put it nicely...

Thnx for the tips rubberman. I was just trying to start discussion with the first thing that came in my mind. It was meant as a test. Not everyone on daniweb is a professional programmer so if he just comes up and asks a question , instead of saying the question was stupid why now recieve his question and answer it. Im not trying to make this site into a morals teaching one , It should remain as it is but i want that every ones question be recieved warmly and answered instead of dejecting them and proclaiming how stupid they are

It was meant as a test.

Well, obviously this forum fails your test. Please give up here and try some other forum.

wasnt this site meant for learning

It is. But some effort is expected on your end. Asking easily searchable or vague questions and expecting no snark in return is unreasonable. We're not a replacement for brain function and research.

It was meant as a test.

Yes, and the test was obvious. Many of us have seen such "tests" countless times before, and they have rarely been in good faith. Hence, the responses you've gotten.

Im not trying to make this site into a morals teaching one , It should remain as it is but i want that every ones question be recieved warmly and answered instead of dejecting them and proclaiming how stupid they are

Translation: I'm not trying to change how you do things, I'm just trying to change change how you do things.

I think you'll find that good questions receive good answers while bad questions (ie. lazy, vague, easily answered with STFW or RTFM, having a poor attitude, etc...) are responded to in kind.

As an example, you've started 6 threads. One was an introduction, one was borderline lazy, and the rest were exceptionally lazy. It's no mystery why you haven't been received well.

Look at it this way. A person with no knowledge of C asks a question cuz he believes that at a forum , answers are more interactive and he can get dozens of answers from dozens of people who are expert in the said field. What do u do?
A-help him out
B-Ridicule his very existance

I like how you carefully worded the question to make us all look like assholes. Obviously the preference and normal behavior is to help, within reason. Ridiculing one's existence, as you put it, would be against Daniweb rules and such posts should be reported so that moderators can deal with them appropriately.

However, I get the impression that your idea of "ridicule his very existence" is greatly skewed.

commented: i did not mean to make you feel like #######s. +0

A person with no previous knowledge of the subject wanting help from a community of 1.2M people will just have to go ridiculed

At this point I'm sure your goal is to stir up shit. Thread closed.

commented: Not really but feeling is completely coincidental +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.